Sunday, December 12, 2010

Back from Party Central

I'm just writing a quickie post to say I'm still alive and kicking.  It feels like forever since I posted last (think it was Thursday), and I've gotten a couple of emails from dear bloggers checking to make sure I'm okay.  And I am.  I had my big party with a bunch of AA women last night, so from Tuesday on I was in major obsessing, cooking, cleaning, decorating and not blogging mode!  The party turned out great, but if was a ton of work, even though it was a potluck.

And in case you don't know, AA gals can fix some GOOD GRUB.  I made a big pot of homemade vegetable beef soup and a Pampered Chef dessert creation called a Taffy Apple Pizza that is AWESOME.  Both came out great, or so I'm told.  Believe it or not, I haven't tasted the soup (there's a lot leftover for which hubby and sons are happy), and the "pizza" was gone before I even realized it.  When I entertain big like that, oddly enough I can't really eat.  I guess it's all the running around and getting things for people who brought stuff that they need - you all know what that's like.  I picked a little, and got a plate of food but lost track of it and only had about 5 bites.  IF ONLY I COULD BE THAT WAY ALL THE TIME!!!!!

There was a lot of good food - a huge salad, lots of appetizers, macaroni and cheese, pasta salad with spinach, sun dried tomatoes and feta that was great, homemade hummus, salmon dip, crab salad, and way too many desserts.  There are some leftovers in the fridge that people insisted stay here "for your family"...let's hope the men folk eat all the carby stuff up today, which they will.  We'll have the soup for dinner and hubby will make a salad to go with it.

All in all I survived the week well, and for my weigh in this morning I was down 3 pounds from my weigh in last Sunday for Allan's challenge.  Shocking, except that last Sunday I'd eaten out 2 meals the day before - one Thai and one Chinese!  So the inflated weight I was last Sunday was gone my Monday once I flushed out all the sodium retentioned(?sp) water.  I was 209 Monday, and then 209 this morning.  A maintain for the week feels like a victory.  I know I'm doing these challenges to lose, but not gaining counts for something during the holiday season with party prepping, baking and cooking!

I haven't read blogs since Thursday so I'm way behind on everyone's lives.  Today is all about R and R for this blogger, and holding down the couch with my reclined body is top priority, along with napping, watching Eat, Pray, Love, and catching up on the blogs.  It's raining, so walking may not happen, but if possible I'd like to get that in too.  I really appreciate the friends who checked in to make sure I hadn't stumbled into carbohydrate quicksand and been pulled under. 

I'm determined  to have a good, healthy, tracking and weight losing week, and I will, esp. when hubby and sons get these damned desserts and pasta dishes outta here.  There all so moderate with their eating it could take a week, so I'm employ mom pressure and threats that if the stuff isn't gone by tomorrow morning, it's getting chucked.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, blog comrades.

6 comments:

  1. hope you have a great week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent that you didn't let parties set you back. Keep making good choices and you will do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your party went well! I'm so impressed. I'm not even going to achieve mailing Christmas cards this year. Mental note: do not have surgery at Thanksgiving and expect to get anything done for Christmas. Sgih. Who knew? Oh. I guess that would be everyone.... chuckle. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leslie,
    So good to hear from you again. Your party sounds great, and glad that you did well in terms of food. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a lovely time. And I like that you included time for yourself, with some R and R. We really need that, too. :-)
    Well, of course I've gotta say that, I haven't posted since Thursday, LOL! My sweetie was off this weekend, and it's been a nice quiet time, and he finally put up a few pretty lights... yay!
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad your party went well! I do the same thing when I entertain. I am so worried about everyone else having a good time, I rarely eat much of anything!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete