Wednesday, January 25, 2012

SOS

I'm posting right now because I don't want to eat.

I'm home from work and the food thoughts started looming out in the periphery of my consciousness about 45 minutes ago.  My next meal will be around 6; it's now 4:15; I had a nice, big, and healthy lunch.  I won't perish if I wait until dinner  Oh - and I'm not hungry.

I could call my AA sponsor (who's totally supporting my food thing and has been through it herself) but she's currently in the tunnel of an MRI machine being evaluated for possible new spread of her lung cancer.  I think I can wait it out.

I think I'll throw on my sneaks and go for a nice brisk walk.  Thanks, blog buddies!  I needed that.

9 comments:

  1. What a great way to get through that!! I must remember that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your strategy and making the choice to blog and go for a walk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo, Leslie! I hope your dinner was great!

    Do you tweet? Twitter's great for instant feedback. (Although I haven't been to my twitter account in so long that I've forgotten my password. :} I think I'll go find it and log in.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. How was your walk? Do you have someone you could text message when you need to? If you have long distance texting, I'll send you my number!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you made it through that rough patch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my new blog. I've missed you...it's good to be back in the swing of things. Oh, and I looked at your hair pics...what a lovely color! Proud of you for posting those pics...and yes I DO know what you were talking about. You did good. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. whatever you do tonight just tell yourself NO. i WILL not eat another thing tonight..have some broth and hit the sheets. You can do this..hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You rocked this! I was soooo thinking of you yesterday while I was snacking. It was not meal time. I was thinking about your abstinence stuff. Of course, thinking didn't mean I didn't eat the snack.

    ReplyDelete