Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fly by catchup

I had a wonderful 3 day weekend (we had an inservice presentation Friday on dealing with difficult people).  I got long fast walks in 2 out of the 3 days, and stayed pretty close to the Paleo plan throughout.  My weight this morning reflected a .4 lb loss, which sounds like a major jip, given the absence of any bingeing or crazy eating.  BUT - I know I went overboard with nuts, and so I'm going to have to limit myself to the small CVS bags of pistachios for a bit.  I'm seeing so many people getting great results, and I'm sick of being on the outside looking in. 

For the last 2 weeks and 2 days I've essentially maintained (total of 2 lbs lost which is okay), but of course I can do better.  Not gaining is a victory at times, but doing as well as I feel like I've been doing is rendering me frustrated.  I've had to go back and read a couple of blogs of people who noted that 2nd or 3rd week weigh ins can be rough and less satisfying than week 1.   But I also haven't been 100% on plan - overeating on-plan food is still overeating, esp. when the food involved rhymes with ruts, which is what I'm in.  It's up to me, and I need to rein in any extra snacking, just to get myself really going again.

I did good food prep this weekend, including another batch of egg cupcakes.  This time I did use the bacon, eliminated the zucchini, 1/2'd the spinach and doubled the amount of green onions I used.  They are good!  And it's a better way for me to get the taste of bacon without cooking it separate, because I know I'm eating less of that best food even invented when it's distributed throughout 15 egg muffins!

I made a ginormous salad for lunch today that I took a picture of.  My new kick is slicing strawberries into a salad - love it!  Trader Joe's has had decent strawbs from Florida for the last couple of weeks, and I'm addicted!  A salad without them feels like a day without sunshine!  Also - arugula is on the required list now too - love its peppery taste.  The pic is a little fuzzy, I see, but it was a delicious salad.
Have a good rest of the day - 4 day weeks are darned decent!

5 comments:

  1. I had salad today too...yours looks better than mine did! lol Hang in there with the Paleo...I've got to reign in my snacking, too. At least we know what the problem is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your salad looks yummy! I agree about overeating and never cease to amaze myself that I can overeat the foods that are on plan and considered healthy. Sigh. I actually ate out twice in the past week without overeating! That's pretty big for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy looking salad, I love to add fruit to a green salad!

    Don't compare yourself to others weekly weight loss Lesile, it will make you crazy!

    Keep up the good work and you will see and feel results. Don't rely only the scale as it only tells one part of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love strawberries in salad...I'm also hooked on oranges and dried cranberries, too. Congrats on having a good week - you're doing great, and changes WILL happen, just not overnight (dammit).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I read the title as fries and ketchup!

    You are doing great, changing your entire way of eating is going to take a bit of time. Every change counts, even the little ones.

    ReplyDelete