Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday from the confessional...good news/bad news edition

This week I lost 1.6 pounds.  I'm okay with that, but I know it would likely have been a touch more had I not broken my sugar abstinence yesterday fairly early in the afternoon.  Why, Leslie?  Predictably once I had a few cookies, I wanted more and had them.  The I fell asleep for 4 hours (from ~2:30 - 6:30) as I slept poorly Friday night.  When I woke, hubby had made salads for us and was eating leftover lentil soup from pre-paleo cooking last weekend.

No planned dinner, so after my salad I ate 2 leftover pancakes from breakfast that Hubby had made, and had honey on them.  Needless to say I woke up feeling 'leftover', and my sinuses were full and I was sneezing copiously.  Allergies in full gear.

Back on track today and have the prep cooking planned to facilitate a sane week.  Hubby and I are going out to a divine restaurant tonight to celebrate something I'll talk about tomorrow.  This place has the best creme brulee in the world, and I'd been planning on having it.  Now I'm planning to NOT have it, but eat a wonderful meal.

Wish me well on dodging the evil custard and it's crackly sugar perfection on top.  The one day of adding sugar back in (not even in binge fashion) has set me back to feeling stuffy, doughy and generally draggy.  I DON'T WANT WHAT SUGAR GIVES ME. 

Believe me, I'd rather have not confessed this here, but I know it does me no good to be dishonest and omit key info.  Been there, done that.  So to paraphrase my friend Deb, onward, forward and upward.

9 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I love it!! I also just started a weight loss blog and I would love some more readers to hold me accountable. Check it out http://watchmeshrinkydink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...facilitate a sane week" - proof that easy weeks don't just happen, we actually have to do things to make it work. Hope you have a bountiful day and get everything dine. Enjoy your meal tonight, and remember, creme brulee will be there next time...and you may not even want it then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to find out what the celebration is for! lol Whatever it is... many blessings, and enjoy the evening out with hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, melt some cream cheese w/a squirt of s.free vanilla, hazelnut syrup (or whatever flavor floats your boat), micro for a few seconds until warm....MMMmmmm! It's like heaven in your mouth! Wont raise your blood sugar and if you don't make it too sweet, shouldn't produce a sugar binge afterwards! (I usually add a few defrosted dark berries on top...blackberries, blueberries & raspberries).

    Have a great dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (wasn't sure if you had clicked the follow up box)

    Leslie darling, we all have trouble getting ourselves to the gym, class, whatever.

    The don't wanna's are sort of a permanent fixture.

    If you are waiting for the magic wanna's, probably not going to happen.

    You just figure out a time that fits in your schedule on a regular basis so you can have a habit, and you GO. Like today.

    I personally think it is easier to do something every day than just a couple times a week. Especially when forming a new habit. So then you just rotate what you do so you can work each body part hard enough and then rest it (talking about weights) cardio you can can do every day. Your gym will help you build a schedule, I am sure, just ask.

    It is probably just like teaching oneself to go to AA meetings. Hard at first and then part of the routine. And what Simply Me said (on my comments) - sort of crave it, but still hate it (in a fond kind of way) is true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look how quickly you turned around the sugar this time though - one day - rather than three or four! That's progress.
    Congrats on the loss as well. Every pound adds up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wasn't sure if you have a system set up to see comments on old posts, I left one on your previous post about nuts from CVS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went back and read it. Usually I've been buying unsalted or litely salted, and other than the nuts and salt there are no other ingredients. The MSG is interesting though, and I'll be on the lookout for it. I'm shifting to pistachios now, as they are a better nut for me - virtually no trigger effect.

      Delete
  8. wished you well....how did it go!? :)


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete