Friday, November 19, 2010
Hot 100 Update Week whatever
1. No bingeing. Done 100%.
2. Track every thing I eat. DONE 100%.
3. Limit calories to 1870/day. Done 90%. I had a couple days in the low 1900s, which sounds like a lot, but it's less than I usually consume in a single binge. I do an official weigh in Sunday, but I've dropped a bit.
4. Drink at least 98 oz water daily. Done 100%. Most days I drank more. The path I've worn between myself and every bathroom in the periphery of wherever I've been is proof. Also my interrupted sleep :(. Gotta work on that.
Bonus Goal: Though I didn't include exercise as a goal this week, I got in 30-60 minutes 6 out of 7 days.
Boy, was I looking forward to writing this post today! After last week's debacle, this feels non-calorically SWEET!
The upcoming Food Extravaganza of this coming week is looming large in my mind. I don't want to blow it by abandoning myself and my intentions just to shovel in mass quantities. I'm glad I had a really good week, because I've gained some ground on my own behalf and don't want to have to lose back the couple pounds I may find I've lost at the WI Sunday.
Recall my sadness about not having a bigger group this year for Thanksgiving...it will just be 3 of us, and while we received several invites and thoughts popped up to invite "orphans" from AA whose families are far away, as I often do; something kept me declining the offers and the thoughts in favor of just nesting with my guys. Now I absolutely believe I was being gently led by my inner voice, Higher Power, God or whatever you want to call it. Because I know my chances of not diving headfirst into vats of gravy and cheesey butter laden casseroles are much higher now.
I talked to Hubby and son and asked them which of the usual dishes I prepare (most literally only on holidays) could they not live without. Both had turkey as numero uno. Heck - turkey was the baseline, they had 2 apart from that. Son said mashed potatoes and "real" homemade gravy. Hubby said the broccoli casserole that makes 2 appearances per year only given its decadence. So - that's it, plus cranberry relish that I will try to sugar-down (just cranberries, oranges, and sugar, and yes, I might use at least half Splenda and not tell anyone). Haven't decided on dessert - both love any pie. So do I - so we'll see or perhaps one of you guys has a suggestion for something not too decadent? Hey - maybe I could do a crustless pumpkin pie ala crustless quiches I've been getting into. With non-fat evaporated milk? WOOT!
Hottie Goals for the week:
1. Continue writing everything down I eat. Even the TG meal since we'll be home and it won't be weird.
2. Today and tomorrow - 1500 calories / day. If I can manage it, I will keep it for each day through Wednesday. If I'm dying from starvation (HA!) I'll just back to 1800 for Su-Wed. No calorie counting TG, just writing down food and relative amounts.
3. Water - same.
4. Exercise - 30 minutes 6 of 7.
May I be as happy posting my Hottie update next Friday as I am this week!