Thursday, April 22, 2010

TamCam pics day 2

Another good day. I had dinner out with a friend, but ate accordingly all day to have a good allotment of calories left for dinner. There really is no way I can quantify my dinner calories - I took pictures and I've estimated a calorie total of the meal that I think is probably over what I ate. Rather guesstimate too much than not enough. And though I won't be eating another bite tonight, I definitely could. Were it not for the TamCam project, I'd be grazing within the hour!

Breakfast: one hard boiled egg mixed with 1/2 cup 1% fat cottage cheese and a squirt of yellow mustard, 1/2 grapefruit - 219 calories

Lunch - 1 1/2 carrots, 2/3 roma tomato, 1 TJoe's chicken sausage with 1 cup roasted broccoli and zucchini - 260 calories


3 p.m. snack before walk: 1 medium banana with 1/2 cup TJoes non fat Gr. Yogurt 160 calories


Restaurant meal - 2 small slices of Italian bread dipped in marinara sauce; I definitely should have stopped at 1 piece 'cuz it wasn't that good. They look like huge pieces in the pic, but were actually very small. Honest! - 100 cal.


Entree - 5 oz blackened salmon with mesclun greens, sliced red onion, few sliced black olives, few tomato wedges, mango salsa, with 2 tsp balsamic vinaigrette - AWESOME - I ate every bite of this - calorie estimate 500 cal.


1 cup Chobani Strawberry - probably should have left this out, but needed wanted "dessert" - 140 calories


Total calorie estimate for the day - 1439 - again I believe the actual total is between 1400 and 1500. Now I'm finished eating for the night because my camera battery is out of juice and if I can't photograph it, I'm not eating it!

On the drive home, it was raining while the sun was shining. You know what that means...a rainbow! In fact, a double, but I doubt the lighter one will show on the pics. The lighting at the time was surreal:





Sorry the pics are pretty similar - hey, if one's good, three are better! Have a good night.

8 comments:

  1. I love the rainbows! So appropriate for me today. Totally how I feel... :)

    I want your salmon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mango salsa and salmon looks wonderful. Good job, you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even like salmon....I like mild, white fish, but yours looks damn tasty! lol And I can see BOTH rainbows!!! You know, one of the prettiest, most awesome rainbows I've ever seen was in Pennsylvania, on my way to upstate NY one time. You could see the full thing...one and only time I've ever seen that. Awesome memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I want what she's having....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take the best pictures of food. Really. And it's the prettiest food too. Great job. I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you are enjoying the visual aspect of food log and that it is working for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This may sound strange but your breakfast reminded me that I have not had a grapefruit in a long time, that I really WANT a grapefruit and i must put them on my grocery list for this week !The salmon with mango salsa sounds AWESOME ! Sadly I developed a fish and seafood allergy , so I am denied the pleasure of those kinds of yummies !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the addition of the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete