Saturday, July 10, 2010

I AM a weight LOSS blogger!

After all my stream-of-conscious musings and trips down memory lane, I'm starting to feel again like I want to be a weight loss blogger...emphasis on LOSS!  I've whined and recalled and confessed and all sorts of other keyboard ramblings since returning from my Mountaintop Weekend last Sunday.  What I haven't done is recommit and reapply myself to the journey down the scale and the climb up the exercise ladder.

I reported that I gained 3.5 pounds upon returning from SA which didn't upset me too much, but I haven't been on the scale since.  Guess why???  Come on - you know....I've been crap eating and not exercising at all this week.  I have a laundry list of excuses reasons for my floundering.  All you have to do is look back to my posts this week - no internet, wah wah;  my job sucks, wah, wah;  my mommy didn't meet all my needs and then up and died while I was still young, wah wah.  There are a ton more totally valid reasons that I will spare you from hearing.  Bottom line - I've been lazy, moody, irritable.  And it comes as no surprise that as I typed those words, the thought rapidly followed that clean eating and daily exercise would have helped those "conditions" of laziness, moodiness and irritability!  Sufferin' succotash, why didn't I think of that sooner?

So this morning, with the unexpected gift of continued working internet access, I've caught up on a lot of blog reading and commenting.  Seeing others' progress, victories and achievement of weekly goals has produced the desired effect of kicking my a$$ back into gear.  So many people are just chugging along, meeting weekly goals, losing bits of weight each week, moving more.  The whole reason I've entered this community has manifested great results just from my hour reading and commenting.  I'm ready, willing and definitely able to resume what I was doing for that week before my trip to SA - eating less and moving more.  That week of doing what I've intended to be doing for a long time but hade been not doing yielded some pretty fantastic results.  I liked posting a big weight loss and coming back to all those "congratulations" and "wow!' comments. 

So I'm heading to the gym since it's raining buckets and is supposed to keep doing so most of the day.  I'm going to restock the fruit and vegetable stash I usually keep on hand, and do some food prep for the next week so lunches and dinners are partially done ahead of time.  This always works well for me, so if it ain't broke, why not keep doing it? 

In my heart of hearts, I want to free my inner healthy slim woman from the bondage of overweight, sluggishness and the prison I create for myself in my mind because I'm not where I want to be yet.  I know I can do this because I've done it.   I'm glad to feel my enthusiasm and desire back. 

12 comments:

  1. I love this post and can so identify with what you say. I am also going back to what I know works for me. And starting Monday I am participating in a summer challenge and expect to kick my own lazy butt:) We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10 July, 2010

    I'm so glad to see you're back on track! We CAN do this, and it's really great that we can help each other if some little way through our blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post

    and you are right

    have to sort of look back to see what we are feeling and be able to get it OUT and not stuff it down

    but

    also have to keep moving forward at the same time

    not get stuck staring back

    really good post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm glad to feel my enthusiasm and desire back."

    Success comes from the inside out... so, it sounds like you GOT this now. Go Leslie!

    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10 July, 2010

    I know you can do it, too! :D Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always like a shot in the arm when you find a renewed sense of motivation ! I think sometimes the best thing that can happen to a person is to bottom out and then catch their second wind, because the progress that follows that is amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10 July, 2010

    Sufferin' succotash this girl has lit the fire!!!

    You can so do this and I will join you in one week when I return from eating...I'm the cruise!!

    We can be weight LOSS bloggers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can feel the energy from this post! Woot! Now I need to catch some of it from you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are definitely a weight loss blogger. You sound pumped and motivated. I doubt your succotash is sufferin'!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome enthusiasm!! I expect you to keep it up! Now hit the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got me all fired up now! Enthusiasm sure is contagious...thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it.
    and as everyone else said your mojo being BACK is radiating off the page AND Im snagging some for me today.
    until I find my own :)

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete