Monday, July 12, 2010

Life Is Good, even on Monday

I'm very delighted to have been given this award not once, but twice...just yesterday, Julie passed it my way, which jolted me into remembering and responding to the fact that dear Deb also gave it to me at the end of June, just before my trip to Texas.  Me forgot all about it until this morning when I read Julie's comment telling me about it!  Thank you to both of you for this.  I am eternally thankful and blessed to believe fully in my heart of hearts that life is, indeed, very good; so this is perfect for me to ponder, answer and send on to other bloggy friends.

Here are the rules: This award requires that I answer the following 10 questions and then pass it on to five other bloggers who demonstrate that life is good!  Here goes:


1. What would your perfect day consist of? 72 degrees all day long, clear blue sky, being in a sunlight filled cottage near the beach with my husband and kids.  Outside alone, walking just before dawn - 4-5 miles on painfree knees.  Then coffee outdoors while in a lounge chair reading.  A gathering of friends a little later for breakfast at a beachside restaurant, sitting around laughing and sharing for hours.  Family time in the afternoon - walking the beach, coming in later to watch a movie, out to dinner (of course :) to a vegetarian restaurant.
2. How would you describe yourself if you were an item of clothing? Danskin exercise clothes
3. What hobbies are you currently working on?  I'm always knitting, and always reading.  Currently on the needles: a Celtic sweater for my daughter, and socks, which are about my favorite thing to knit.  Currently reading The Last Time I Saw You by Elizabeth Berg, with To Kill a Mockingbird on deck.
4. Walking in the woods in wellies or bare foot on the beach?  Barefoot on the beach.  Hands down.
5. Have you ever hugged or sang to a tree? I love trees, but never hugged or sang to one.  My dog?  Yes to both and on a daily basis.
6. Growing your own veggies or nipping to the supermarket? Both - tomatoes and peppers in the garden, farmers' market for the rest.
7. Have you found anyone exciting in your family tree? Just myself.
8. Slap up meal in a posh restaurant or fish 'n' chips from the wrapper? Posh meal in posh restaurant.  I love eating out - esp. when it's a GOOD place.
9. Which element do you most resonate with, Earth, Air, Fire or water?  Can I resonate with 2?  Yes I can since this is my blog :)  Water and earth.  Earth because I'm striving to always keep both feet on the ground - "figuratively" at least.  (With my knees, "literally" makes sense as well.)
10. Do you believe in fairies? No, but I absolutely believe in miracles.  I see them every day.

Now - to pass this on...
Tammy at From Fat to Fab
Stacia at Swimming it Off
Splurgie at What a Splurge
Roxie at Gravel and Rust
JBS at Journey Beyond Survival

I hope I didn't duplicate give it to someone who's already received it and I could and would give it to every blogger I read because I love all your blogs...anyhow - thanks again.  It was a fun exercise!

Speaking of exercise, that 5 mile walk I did at the park yesterday is evident in my thigh muscles today!  It feels good, but tells me how quickly I can "go soft" in the strength building arena...I walked a ton in San Antonio, then none for a week, and yesterday's walk (admittedly very hilly and I was clipping right along) really seems to have affected the quads!  My food was pretty good yesterday...the one thing I'm thinking of adding to my 2 summer challenge goals is that I need to stop eating after dinner - say by 7:30 at the latest.  Nighttime eating is my bugaboo!  I can be so clean all day, but after dinner, girlfriend's mind turns to snacking.  I was reading Sout Beach Steve's post today and how he has a goal of not eating after his evening post.  I don't know what time he posts, but I get the sentiment.  I know evening eating is a common "brand" of overeating...that I wish I didn't have a propensity for.  So - I'm committing to not eating after 7:30 p.m. tonight - maybe earlier.

Have a good Monday, folks!  Only 4 more days until the weekend!  And don't worry, I'm still living one day at a time and not in fast forward to Friday mode ;) 

17 comments:

  1. Fun! And evening eating is my bugaboo too. But one of my goals is limiting myself to two snacks at night. Which sounds pretty caloric compared to you not eating after dinner at all! I wish I could just not eat at night if I was not hungry and allow myself something healthy if I was. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a beach girl myself :) Good luck with cutting out the evening snacking. Happy Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12 July, 2010

    I agree on how "soft" you can get with just a few days off of exercise - my lunch workout proved it!

    Congrats on the award - you deserve it! Oh, and by the way, my daughter loves your purse!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I loved reading about your perfect day! So many of us seem to have similar ideas on that... they all seem to have a common theme of relaxation, no stress, people we love, nice location, leisurely enjoying our favorite activities...did I mention no stress? ;-)

    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you! I'm about to find out about days off and going soft. I am not excited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a well deserved award. I love your blog and you are an excellent writer with a very light hearted approach to life and the changes you are making.

    Thanks for the nice compliment you left on my blog. I am so glad you have tried some of my recipes and that your family has enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll join you in committing not to eat after dinner. I've been TRYING to post some photos of me and your beautiful bag (thank you thank you so much) but typepad will not let me post photos. Grrr! Just wanted to let you know it got here safe and sound and not a moment too soon since someone got something awful on the bag I've been carrying for 5 years now and I think it is ruined. WIll give you a shout out later on with or without the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the award girl!! I was insanely busy at work today and heading to bed very soon....I will do my best to post about the award some time tomorrow! Thanks again...love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12 July, 2010

    I truly enjoy reading the answers to these simple questions. :D

    And your perfect day sounds...well, PERFECT! :D

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. The description of your perfect day sounds, well, perfect!

    Glad to see someone else joining me on the not eating in the evening. I don't really have a post time, but it is usually before 8:00. Hmm, speaking of that, I better get to posting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I like Elizabeth Berg's writing. Coffee outdoors (in 72 degree weather) in a lounge chair, reading. Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12 July, 2010

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you!
    just got this... I hope to try to do this soon as a post. I do still feel busy now just in a different not all work way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous14 July, 2010

    Hey there! I'm back! Good to see you are still kickin' around here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked reading your list. Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous15 July, 2010

    Hey Leslie, I love your blog! I have an award for you over on my blog!

    ReplyDelete